Replacement stock for 870???

Talk about 10 12 & 16 gauge shotguns here.
hobbes

Replacement stock for 870???

Post by hobbes »

The stock on my old Remington 870 turkey special needs to be replaced. I'd like to replace the stock and forearm. Considering a shureshot stock in camo. I'd like to go with something similar to the thumbhole. Any suggestions?

I've got a Knoxx Spec-Ops recoil reducing stock, but don't want to put it back on. It's just too heavy.
Grumpy
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: Replacement stock for 870???

Post by Grumpy »

Check out Ebay, plenty of different stocks listed, maybe one will be something you want
I was not his father but he was my son,,MAK IV, 10-15-1993 - 4-22-2007
"Rest in Peace my Little Buddy"
Reloader
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Reloader »

Remington has some of the Sure Shot kits on sale right now in their store. That would be my suggestion, but keep in mind the SS has a much higher comb and must be used with either a red dot or tall open sights.
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Hmmmm!!! I hadn't noticed that. I don't really want to go to sights (yet) . My glasses that are great for distance make the double beads blurry. However, this gun is primarily used by my boys who both have good eyesight.
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by HunterGKS »

I put a Shur Shot on my 11-87 SPST when they 1st came out & I love it!!!! It seems to make the gun much easier to handle as the weight distribution is transferred to the arm instead of the wrist. It also lessens recoil. My slug gun came with the Shur Shot as well. I highly recommend the Shur Shot.
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD USAF 1969-1973

phutch30

Post by phutch30 »

I put a kicklite stock on my 20ga. I wasn't sure if Id like it or not. I love it. U can easily shoot bare sights with it. Ebay has a couple sure shot stocks for around $70 or syn stock/forearms $40-$50
Shellwaster

Post by Shellwaster »

I went with the ATI pistol grip and adapter for my youth 20 gauge and it's perfect. The fit and finish are ok but the best thing, besides the pistol grip, is that the new stock has corrected the sight alignment by lowering the comb.
fountain

Post by fountain »

Boyds thumbhole and matching forend
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

the choate is a ok stock.. I have one on my Ithaca 37 12ga. I rather have a shurshot on a 870 than the choate as its comb is way short. I like my cheek on the stock and its just hovering over it and not melded with it.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

fountain wrote:Boyds thumbhole and matching forend
thumbhole stocks are good I guess.. but in the world of turkey hunting if you ever have a situation where you need to shoot left handed, they don't work so good.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
Spurhunter

Post by Spurhunter »

I love my shure shot stock....nuff said!
Harrington's Hunting & Outdoor Products LLC

Preserving Hunting Memories for a Lifetime

View my products at:
http://www.Etsy.com - HarringtonOutdoor's

http://www.Ebay.com - Gobblergetter

NWTF Member
NRA Member
hobbes

Post by hobbes »

Thanks for the info, but I'm not concerned with shooting left handed. I've never done it. I typically wait for the opportune moment and roll to my knees and swing around to shoot a bird too far on my right side.
ncturkey

Post by ncturkey »

If you are shooting beads I would get a original Remington stock and forearm. You can buy them in Camo or black
Mike
Prospector

Post by Prospector »

I have an 870. I too wanted a sure shot and found one while at BPS in Obsession. Yes, I did put some y’all tru- glos on it and have it shooting POA. Have shot at two and killed two- 37 and 18yds. The 18 tells me the most cause patterns will be small and you really need it POA at the shorter ranges. I find the sure shot very comfortable to hold both while waiting and shooting AND it seems to absorb more recoil.
“Son, Turkey HUNTING starts at 40yds and in. If you can kill him farther that’s all you’re doing- KILLING. Make him think he’s answering you, call him up, kill him closer-Man! Now that’s what it’s meant to be…” Johnnie Keel ( an Old Pro most never know)

Return to “Big Bore”