bought another mountain bike..

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

bought another mountain bike..

Post by Hoobilly »

who all rides as much as they can?
this trek I bought used for $50 bucks is pretty nice. Wish I bought one like this sooner

its kicking my butt as I haven't had time to ride at all this summer.
Don't start none, won't be none!

https://foxtrotammo.com/
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Re: bought another mountain bike..

Post by howl »

I did before my knees started screaming at me. Got clipless pedals? They're awesome. You should get some and do a video series of learning to use them.
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by soiltester »

hoobilly wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 5:20 pm who all rides as much as they can?
this trek I bought used for $50 bucks is pretty nice. Wish I bought one like this sooner

This post is useless without pics .. with the "NEW" addition and also 'WITH U RIDIN" IT" :stir: :LMAO:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

howl wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 5:37 pm I did before my knees started screaming at me. Got clipless pedals? They're awesome. You should get some and do a video series of learning to use them.
I never heard of them.. will look thump and see if theres a benefit?

Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

soiltester wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 6:24 pm
hoobilly wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 5:20 pm who all rides as much as they can?

This post is useless without pics .. with the "NEW" addition and also 'WITH U RIDIN" IT" :stir: :LMAO:
I will admit I am out of shape.. well I have great shape :LMAO:

my daughter who is 12, is really peeved at me (putting it mildly) as I made her go another round around the park. she was done with one, I wanted to go at least 4 times but her devil eyes made me give in and go get pizza :LMAO:

howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by howl »

I'm trolling. Clipless pedals are awesome, but there's a catch. You need to have your health insurance deductible paid up before you start using them. The learning curve tends to be steep and painful if you're not especially coordinated.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

howl wrote: October 3rd, 2017, 7:53 pm I'm trolling. Clipless pedals are awesome, but there's a catch. You need to have your health insurance deductible paid up before you start using them. The learning curve tends to be steep and painful if you're not especially coordinated.
:LMAO:

gotcha

its all fun and games till your speeding down hill and no brakes or a seat.

my cousin Jimmy got a brand new Huffy for his birthday. His dad dint tighten the bolt holding the gooseneck into the frame.

we all were jumping our bikes on a makeshift wood ramp

until Jimmy went higher in the air than any of us.. and his bike went one direction and him holding them ape hangers the other.

I had to hand it to him, he never let go of them handlebars :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by ICDEDTURKES »

Whomever coined the term "like riding a bike" is full of crap. At the campground this year kids wanted me to ride. Hopped on.a.bike, lucky I'm alive and did not crash into someone's fire pit.
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

ICDEDTURKES wrote:Whomever coined the term "like riding a bike" is full of crap. At the campground this year kids wanted me to ride. Hopped on.a.bike, lucky I'm alive and did not crash into someone's fire pit.
My daughter is still mad at me lol

Poor girl. Legs like rubber. Bike riding is a great way to help your legs stay strengthened for those long walks I. The turkey woods. When’s the last time you went swimming? I went to the lake last year and swam for a hour. Holy cow was that rough. I ain’t 25 anymore that’s fosho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GLS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by GLS »

I exercise my Brittanys with my old Cannondale. I have a snap mounted post (Walkydog) that has a spring loaded leash that sits at right angle to the bike under my seat. I harness the dogs one at a time to the short lead and let them pull my tenth of a ton through the neighborhood. They can't control direction, etc., and go where I point the bike. Gets them in shape for bird seasons. I also use it hunting turkeys in areas that don't allow vehicle traffic. Here it is snipe hunting:
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by CamoMan4025 »

RIDE FOREST RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"
Hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation

Post by Hoobilly »

GLS wrote: October 4th, 2017, 5:05 pm I exercise my Brittanys with my old Cannondale. I have a snap mounted post (Walkydog) that has a spring loaded leash that sits at right angle to the bike under my seat. I harness the dogs one at a time to the short lead and let them pull my tenth of a ton through the neighborhood. They can't control direction, etc., and go where I point the bike. Gets them in shape for bird seasons. I also use it hunting turkeys in areas that don't allow vehicle traffic. Here it is snipe hunting:
I love them gun holders on the handlebars!

I should do that.. its all country here and amish ride with guns all the time during hunting season around here :LMAO:

Return to “Health & Fitness”