Who is in shape..

A place for you health nuts and slackers to share your tips on staying in shape for seasons to come.
User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » August 30th, 2017, 8:13 pm

for fall turkey and deer season?

I feel like a busted can of biscuits

:LMAO:

User avatar
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3345
Joined: August 31st, 2011, 11:51 am
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by CamoMan4025 » August 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm

It's a battle every day. I am supposed to go on an elk hunt in Colorado next October (2018). I have been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. When it gets closer, apparently I need to start walking in my hunting boots with my weighted backpack on. I have a buddy who is going in Oct of this year. He is walking 3 miles a day with 40 lbs in his pack.

My new workout consists of 1 minute of cardio between each set of lifting. It sucks, but I feel has helped my cardio endurance.

Maybe I can post up my workout and one day you can look just like me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"God, Guts & High Explosives"

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » August 30th, 2017, 8:24 pm

CamoMan4025 wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm
It's a battle every day. I am supposed to go on an elk hunt in Colorado next October (2018). I have been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. When it gets closer, apparently I need to start walking in my hunting boots with my weighted backpack on. I have a buddy who is going in Oct of this year. He is walking 3 miles a day with 40 lbs in his pack.

My new workout consists of 1 minute of cardio between each set of lifting. It sucks, but I feel has helped my cardio endurance.

Maybe I can post up my workout and one day you can look just like me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

Tommy said you were all muscle :shock: and he was afraid to make any sudden moves around you :lol:

Fatmo
Posts: 396
Joined: May 3rd, 2015, 6:34 pm

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Fatmo » August 30th, 2017, 8:31 pm

Round is a Shape! That's why I call, they have legs.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » August 30th, 2017, 8:56 pm

:LMAO:
Fatmo wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 8:31 pm
Round is a Shape! That's why I call, they have legs.

swampchicken
Posts: 471
Joined: March 17th, 2014, 7:12 pm
Location: Central Missouri

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by swampchicken » August 30th, 2017, 11:01 pm

CamoMan4025 wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm
It's a battle every day. I am supposed to go on an elk hunt in Colorado next October (2018). I have been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. When it gets closer, apparently I need to start walking in my hunting boots with my weighted backpack on. I have a buddy who is going in Oct of this year. He is walking 3 miles a day with 40 lbs in his pack.

My new workout consists of 1 minute of cardio between each set of lifting. It sucks, but I feel has helped my cardio endurance.

Maybe I can post up my workout and one day you can look just like me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That thin air will make you feel oh so good! I coyote hunted out near aspen oh that was so much fun!

User avatar
Hognutz
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 6007
Joined: June 28th, 2011, 5:29 pm
Location: S.E. Wisconsin. Global Flatulater

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Hognutz » August 30th, 2017, 11:03 pm

Not me!! :cheers:
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
I am the man from Nantucket.
When attacked by a group of clowns...Go for the Juggler!!

User avatar
Shooter
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 5472
Joined: April 19th, 2012, 1:29 pm
Location: Deep South, Middle, TN

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Shooter » August 30th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Hognutz wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 11:03 pm
Not me!! :cheers:
Me neither. This is the worst shape I've ever been. I get winded riding the lawn mower.

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7495
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 10:27 am

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by ICDEDTURKES » August 31st, 2017, 6:44 am

CamoMan4025 wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm
It's a battle every day. I am supposed to go on an elk hunt in Colorado next October (2018). I have been hitting the gym 4-5 days a week. When it gets closer, apparently I need to start walking in my hunting boots with my weighted backpack on. I have a buddy who is going in Oct of this year. He is walking 3 miles a day with 40 lbs in his pack.

My new workout consists of 1 minute of cardio between each set of lifting. It sucks, but I feel has helped my cardio endurance.

Maybe I can post up my workout and one day you can look just like me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.trainingmask.com/training-masks/tra ... xpEALw_wcB

User avatar
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2290
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 8:04 am
Location: Gaffney SC

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by soiltester » August 31st, 2017, 7:07 am

I'm tryin' cause my Doc says I better shape up or I'll ship out :shock:

My farmer buddy from Michigan a year ago, was on his annual all winter of fishin' stay in Florida, and went for a routing check up there. He said the Doc, called him a fat ole' farmer :LMAO:
He sayin' he'll stick to his Michigan doctor from now on :thumbup:
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » August 31st, 2017, 7:08 pm

Shooter wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 11:49 pm
Hognutz wrote:
August 30th, 2017, 11:03 pm
Not me!! :cheers:
Me neither. This is the worst shape I've ever been. I get winded riding the lawn mower.
:LMAO:

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » August 31st, 2017, 7:08 pm

soiltester wrote:
August 31st, 2017, 7:07 am
I'm tryin' cause my Doc says I better shape up or I'll ship out :shock:

My farmer buddy from Michigan a year ago, was on his annual all winter of fishin' stay in Florida, and went for a routing check up there. He said the Doc, called him a fat ole' farmer :LMAO:
He sayin' he'll stick to his Michigan doctor from now on :thumbup:
:LMAO:

I really hate going to the doctor..

User avatar
OLE RASPY
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2393
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Location: KENTUCKY

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by OLE RASPY » August 31st, 2017, 8:03 pm

I need to. I'm goin to Mexico next year after goulds.
TURKEYS
COYOTES
DEER
SQUIRRELS
(all in this order)

Fatmo
Posts: 396
Joined: May 3rd, 2015, 6:34 pm

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Fatmo » August 31st, 2017, 8:12 pm

My wife says I've got the body of a God. Buddha!
When I walk into the Chinese buffet, the old Lady says, "I told you before, you not come here anymore". I tell her, " I got money and I'm gonna love you long time". Then I wave my arms in the air and make Godzilla noises!

Fatmo
Posts: 396
Joined: May 3rd, 2015, 6:34 pm

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Fatmo » August 31st, 2017, 8:14 pm

I'm ready for a mountain goat hunt. And yes, I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express!

User avatar
howl
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1352
Joined: April 25th, 2013, 10:26 am
Location: Middle GA

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by howl » August 31st, 2017, 8:43 pm

Eh, probably not. I did send a deposit to get in the queue for a squirrel pup. Getting one started is as close to hitting the gym as I get.

User avatar
soiltester
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 2290
Joined: March 31st, 2015, 8:04 am
Location: Gaffney SC

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by soiltester » September 1st, 2017, 6:24 am

OLE RASPY wrote:
August 31st, 2017, 8:03 pm
I need to. I'm goin to Mexico next year after goulds.
If you had to hike everywhere, then it would be a problem, but I'm glad our guides, in the Mexico mountains, drive us quite close to where we hunt ;)
ever wonder where the white goes when the snow melts??

User avatar
CamoMan4025
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3345
Joined: August 31st, 2011, 11:51 am
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by CamoMan4025 » September 1st, 2017, 7:31 am

HOO....I'm far from all muscle, I just wear a size shamedium(that's between a small and medium) shirt, it gives you the appearance of big guns!

Shooter: OMG, you weigh about 125 dripping wet, what do you mean out of shape...you don't have any problems shootin' those land cannons you have!

Tom: I actually saw one of those in Dick's a few weeks ago....people laugh at me in the gym now, let me walk in with one of those!
"God, Guts & High Explosives"

User avatar
ICDEDTURKES
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 7495
Joined: July 8th, 2011, 10:27 am

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by ICDEDTURKES » September 1st, 2017, 8:16 am

CamoMan4025 wrote:
September 1st, 2017, 7:31 am


Tom: I actually saw one of those in Dick's a few weeks ago....people laugh at me in the gym now, let me walk in with one of those!
The guy that invented went to a neighboring school and graduated same year as me. We got along good, it's blown up, you could say, he drives a Lamborghini lol

I cannot believe he has not marketed to hunters yet. I believe they are still manufactured here

timbrhuntr
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 1944
Joined: August 28th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by timbrhuntr » September 1st, 2017, 9:35 am

Another scam and you know if Marshan Lynch is using it it is a for sure an advertising scam ! :slap:

P.S. are you trying to get camoman to kill himself in that case carry on LOL. :dontknow:

Ozark Ridge Runner
Posts: 61
Joined: May 13th, 2015, 9:10 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by Ozark Ridge Runner » September 1st, 2017, 3:17 pm

37 years ago I was guiding bighorn sheep and elk hunters in what is now the Bridger Teton Wilderness area near Jackson Wyoming. I always was amazed how difficult it was for the hunters to get around in that country at 8,000 to 10,000 feet elevation. Now I KNOW why it so difficult. It would kill me today to do what I did every day for 75 days straight back then. It sucks.

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » September 1st, 2017, 10:06 pm

Fatmo wrote:
August 31st, 2017, 8:12 pm
My wife says I've got the body of a God. Buddha!
When I walk into the Chinese buffet, the old Lady says, "I told you before, you not come here anymore". I tell her, " I got money and I'm gonna love you long time". Then I wave my arms in the air and make Godzilla noises!
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

User avatar
hoobilly
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 8316
Joined: August 15th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Location: Argos Indiana

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by hoobilly » September 1st, 2017, 10:10 pm

Ozark Ridge Runner wrote:
September 1st, 2017, 3:17 pm
37 years ago I was guiding bighorn sheep and elk hunters in what is now the Bridger Teton Wilderness area near Jackson Wyoming. I always was amazed how difficult it was for the hunters to get around in that country at 8,000 to 10,000 feet elevation. Now I KNOW why it so difficult. It would kill me today to do what I did every day for 75 days straight back then. It sucks.
I bet you have some cool stories about those hunts!

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3601
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by HunterGKS » September 2nd, 2017, 7:58 am

CamoMan4025 wrote:
September 1st, 2017, 7:31 am
HOO....I'm far from all muscle, I just wear a size shamedium
That size translates to "shamed i am." :stir: :LMAO:
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

User avatar
HunterGKS
Gobbler Nation
Gobbler Nation
Posts: 3601
Joined: January 2nd, 2013, 5:12 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: Who is in shape..

Post by HunterGKS » September 2nd, 2017, 8:02 am

I work-out twice a week doing 1 hour of cardio & 30 minutes of weigh each day. The other days, I do a lot of walking around my place & sometimes in the woods. I still can't seem to shed as much weight as I need to. Maybe if I started doing table push-aways??
George

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO KEEP YOUR BODY STILL. YOUR HEART JUST HASN'T CAUGHT ON.

.17 = NITRO OF THE RIMFIRE WORLD


Image

Post Reply

Return to “Health & Fitness”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest